Here at long last is a book of basic counts, moves and maneuvers that are used primarily in tricks with small packets of cards. If you know nothing of basic card magic, this book will instruct you. Many of the basic counts such as the Elmsley Count, Jordan Count, Haback Count, Spirit Count, etc. are described. The Ascanio Spread and many other moves and false counts are also included.
This book is intended as a basic book for the card man -- experienced as well as beginner. The book is typeset, perfect bound, and is illustrated with 79 clear photographs. 73 pages. Larry West wrote the introduction to the book-he was the false countingest guy of which we know. He said that the book fills a real need.
Introduction by Larry West
Chapter 1: Undercuts & Reversals:
- Double Undercut: control to top or bottom
- Braue Reversal: reverse one or more cards
- Concealed Reversal: addition to Braue Reversal
Chapter 2: Counts, Move and Subtlety:
- The Biddle Move (Elmer Biddle): remove one card from a group while counting
- Hammon Count (Brother John Hammon): Switch one packet for another while counting
- Veeser Count (Bob Veeser): variation of the Elmsley Count
- Another Count: conceal bottom card of four